With over 250 scenic waterfalls within Transylvania County alone, it’s about time for you to get outside and discover our very special Pisgah National Forest waterfall tours! Let us do all of the hard work as Pisgah Field School staff guides you to five incredible waterfalls in Pisgah using our 15-passenger van, leaving room for some education on the unique history of our Appalachian Mountains and a little flora and fauna ID along the way.
Looking for more ideas of things to do in Brevard and the surrounding area? Make the most of your trip to beautiful Western NC and meet a few of our friends as we end our trip in downtown Brevard with a wine tasting from Connie at Broad Street Wines! No previous hiking experience is required. Cost of wine tasting is included. Check for availability and sign up today!
Tours run every Friday from late May to mid August. Pre-registration is required for this tour. Please see our calendar of events below to pick a date and register! Also, be sure to check out our calendar of events to view more hiking and program options. Please Note: You MUST be able to hike on rocky, rooty terrain for 1.5 miles. Also, this area is a temperate rain forest and thunderstorms occur most days during the summer. Tours will run rain or shine with the exception of dangerous weather. Please be prepared!!
Register for Pisgah National Forest Waterfall Tours Today!
- $70 per person
- 11:00am – 3:00pm
- Every Friday, May 22 – August 14 & the month of October
- Capacity: 8
- Minimum: 3
- Check availability on the online calendar below
What To Expect:
- Transportation provided in shared 15 passenger van
- Up to 1.5 miles of moderate hiking
- Unparalleled beauty of local waterfalls
- CPR/Wilderness First Aid certified guides leading the way
- Informational wine tasting at the end!
What You’ll Need:
- Close-toed shoes. No exceptions!
- Appropriate clothing layers for the weather including rain gear
- Any medications/anti-nausea
- Small day pack